Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How Ya Been?

So it's been about a month and a half since I lasted posted anything.  Frankly, I haven't had a race to report on.  However, I have been listening to a lot of podcasts, reading a lot of blogs and I got inspired just to post something.

Since my last post:

1. I started my half-marathon training.  If you have been following me (thanks Cindy), you know that I  have been using the Jeff Galloway run-walk-run method for my previous races and training.  I am going to continue to use it for my first half-marathon. Before committing to the Galloway training for the half, I have been using it just to build my base.  No speed, pace or interval training.  Now that I have started it I will be utilizing those kind of training methods.  This is in preparation for The Myrtle Beach Mini-Marathon on October 23rd or The Governor's Cup Half-Marathon in Columbia, SC on November 5th.

2. I have discovered Body Glide.  Oh, that wonderful, magic paste.  Put it on those special places, in between the toes, on the heel above the shoe and go for hours.  Or until you pass out, whatever comes first.
3.  I finally bought myself a Garmin Forerunner 305. Thanks to some extra hours at work and a Disney Visa, I was able to get that watch.  So far I love it, no complaints.  Yes, it is like wearing a laptop on your arm, but it works great.  Now I don't have to rely on the overpriced Nike+ pedometer (even though I still take it for a backup), and the inaccurate as all give out Android apps. 

4.  I have joined Weight Watchers.  I finally broke down an joined.  I have lost about 15 pounds just by running and exercising, but have plateaued for about a month.  Which I blame on still eating like I usually do.  The wife has been on it for about 6 months now and has lost over 30 pounds.  She is helping me understand it and being a big supporter.

5.  And finally, on a non-running or fitness note.  The University of South Carolina (The Real USC) Baseball Team won their 2nd National Championship in a row.  WOOOOOO!!!!!.  It was probably the most dramatic series in sports that I have ever witnessed.  Many tears and beers were shared when the World Series was over.



No comments:

Post a Comment